Sunday, January 24, 2010

Things that stuck out to me...

Well, I'll be the first to confess that I didn't go through all 1500 pages. However, I did go through quite a good chunk of it. With that being said, I saw some familiar titles (Jabberwocky being the most familiar), and some rhythmic and melodic dictation for oral poetry, which I thought was interesting. It made me wonder if the poet him/herself wrote the dictation for the poem or if another artist did. I also noticed the style the book uses for interpretation of works. On the side of the story (or poem, whatever the case may be), there's side notes and comments written by the author. I can see this being useful for many of the stories we will read, but I also think it may be constricting in some ways. Perhaps instead of coming up with our own ideas about the story, we may (Not saying we will) just read the author's interpretations and call it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment